Twelve Things every teen girl needs in her closet. Number 6 – the strappy sandal.
We know Labor Day came and went about a week ago. But that doesn’t mean we’ve given up our summer sandals, quite yet. It’s still warm enough to wear them in many parts of the world. Even if fall has hit where you live, this is a great time to stock up on sandals for next summer. So many styles are on sale, now!
The strappy sandal has definitely earned a spot on our Twelve Things list. Why? This must-have shoe goes with shorts, dresses, skirts, jeans – almost everything. If you choose one that’s flat and comfortable to walk in, it’s the first thing you toss into your suitcase for a warm vacation. With so many choices, use our mood board to help you choose a style or two that works best for you.
- These gladiator sandals are an amazing deal. Black gladiator sandals have an edgy vibe, and all of the straps keeps the sandal from looking too girly. Perfect for urban or boho looks. We especially love this type of sandal with a skater skirt or maxi dress.
- Color and pattern? Absolutely! The ethnic detail on these tan sandals is fun and unique. What looks best with these? Try boyfriend jeans or a short dress that picks up one of the colors in the detail.
- If you choose ankle wrap sandals in a metallic color like this shoe, it will work perfectly for dinners and parties, as well as daytime looks.
- Double ankle straps are trendy right now and the studs elevate these into rocker-chick cool. We like these with skinny jeans and they have enough visual weight to them, they’ll work for early fall with cardigan sweaters and cropped jeans.
- Our splurge sandal is the Sam Edelman Gigi. Kate and I have had a few pairs of the Gigi and we love it. It’s not as detailed or as edgy as some of the other choices (although they do come in animal prints or with studs.) But the extra soft footbed on these means you can walk all day in them. They are very well made. If you in vest a bit more in a shoe like this, it will last you more than one season.
We hope you’re not too sad about summer being over. Nab those sandals for next year, right now. And June will be here before you know it!