Twelve Things every teen girl needs in her closet: number 7 – the Ankle boot
I know we featured a shoe for Twelve Things item number 6. But number 7 also needs to be a shoe. This shoe is perfect for fall and it’s finally fall! Out of all the shoes, maybe all of the items on our list, the ankle boot is the one that will give you the most style bang for your buck. It’s chic, comfortable (usually) and works for all seasons. More on that later.
The ankle boot is one of the quickest ways to, what we call, elevate an outfit.
Sometimes, it’s unexpected and that’s also a way to make your outfit shine. Have we convinced you yet? Have a look at some of the different ankle boot options. There are many more than what we’ve featured here.
Not gonna lie, ankle boots can be expensive. If you’re going to splurge on one shoe, this is the one to go for. If your feet are still growing and you’re not ready to invest, we are here for you, too. We’ve found some of the coolest ankle boots at amazing prices.
- Can you believe these are from Target and a steal? Perfect black color, walkable heel height, awesome fringe detail, and a winning price. All-around win!
- Zara, we love you. These golden brown booties are only $50. Check out the lower shaft height on these. They make our legs look longer. And the little heel is just right, too.
- Zara wins again. This black ankle boot is a modern version of the British Chelsea boot. We love the gathered detail for interest. And the short, block heel make these the perfect choice for a first ankle boot. Wear these with a mini dress and black tights!
- And, Zara for the third time. This is a combination sandal, loafer, and boot, and the quickest way to add some rocker chick edge to any outfit. At only $50, too? And it’s leather!
- If you’re ready to splurge, try something like this suede Aldo bootie. These just went on sale! This model is most like the boots I have in my closet and the heel height and style are perfect with so many outfits. Here, the lacing detail is tops for teens and fun, too.
Remember when we said these work for all seasons? Well, maybe we meant, most, depending on where you live. Ankle booties aren’t the best for snowy days. But, they do keep your feet warm if it’s just cold. Also, be careful in the rain with suede. But as far as outfits go, they do work all-year round.
Four Seasons of Boot Styling Ideas
Summer: Denim shorts, tank top, fedora. Mini floral sun dress. Romper.
Fall: Boyfriend jeans, white tee, cardigan. Maxi dress, thick cardigan. Mini dress, leather or denim or military jacket.
Winter: Skinny jeans, coat, thick scarf. Sweater Dress, tights, beanie. Slim black pants, oversized sweater, wool fedora.
Spring: White lace dress, fedora. Ankle jeans, boho floral silky top. Denim mini skirt, long cardigan, tank top.
We could go on and on. So many outfits and possibilities.
Stay tuned for Twelve Things, number 8!