Seven Things about…Boston
We’re kicking off a new travel series with our very own Kate and her summer vacation trip report. We love exploring new places and love to find out secrets and favorite things about the places we want to visit. If you’ve been on an amazing trip this summer, or you’re on your way soon, contact us to share your memories and photos. It’s easy! All you have to do is complete our seven prompts.
- So, I traveled to…Boston, Massachusetts.
- The coolest thing I saw was… the Boston Aquarium, which is actually called New England Aquarium. I liked it because they had things I never thought aquariums could have, like penguins. We chose to go to that aquarium because it was a rainy day and it was the perfect activity for bad weather.
- The best thing I ate was… the lobster roll from Neptune Oyster Bar. They have two kinds – hot with butter on top and cold with mayo. Lobster rolls are very popular in Boston.
- One thing that surprised me about Boston was… that everything looked so old, but all the shops and stores were so new. We walked the whole Freedom Trail and saw many important sites from the Revolutionary War.
- The weirdest thing I saw was… a guy in a park singing gibberish with some sort of instrument I’d never seen before. Hmmmm…
- My best memory was… getting to go inside the Converse national headquarters. We visited the design shop where you can create your own custom Converse sneakers.
- If someone else is going to Boston, they should… go eat some lobster rolls from Neptune and go to the aquarium! The weather changes all the time to be sure to pack shorts and pants and bring an umbrella and jacket for rain. I really enjoyed this city and think you will, too.