Why your next fall purchase should be a military jacket
If you’re thinking about a new jacket for fall, don’t miss this trend that’s sure to become a classic: the military jacket. Fashion has taken an army uniform essential and made it cool! Versions of these jackets have been around for years. But, they’ve recently become more popular and are now one of our fashion essentials, too.
Most military jackets come in an army green or olive green color. We love this shade. Army green works with more outfits and colors than you think. You might also see this type of jacket referred to as a utility jacket, basically the same thing. Here are some options.
- Besides solid green, you can find military jackets in camouflage print. While the camo print cuts down on the amount of outfits your jacket will work with, don’t be afraid to pair your patterned this with a floral dress (like the pic) or a striped top.
- Patch perfect. This lightweight option is better for warmer climates, or you can always layer it under a parka in the winter. The patches add an extra layer of awesome to your look. We like jackets like this paired with simple tops, like a thin gray sweater, or a white tee shirt like the ones we talk about here.
- Military jackets also come in heavier parka styles with hoods and waterproof fabrics. A must for cold and rainy climates. These coats elevate your fall and winter style and if you own one, it’s fun to alternate them with your standard down or wool coats.
Style-perfect ways to wear a military jacket:
- Add a tomboy edge to flowy white or boho dresses
- Jeans – they go with all shades and styles of denim.
- Colors: army green matches a lot but pairs especially well with black, white, gray, and navy tops.
- Shorts? Yes! Let your jacket hang down over short denim-cutoffs. Add ankle books or high top-sneakers to top of this look.
What about you? Do any of you already own a military jacket? Let us know your favorite ways to wear it!