Series: Twelve Things every teen girl needs in her closet: Number 8 – The Un-sweaty Sweatshirt
We’re back to our Twelve Things capsule teen wardrobe today with an easy one that sometimes gets overlooked. Most teen girls have a favorite hoodie or sweatshirt they throw on after practice for for dress-down days. But there’s another kind of sweatshirt we think belongs in every teen closet: The Un-Sweaty Sweatshirt!
What is it and why do we need it?
This top is just as soft, easy, and comfortable as an everyday, casual sweatshirt. But…it features a high-style element that makes it more dressy. It might have a detail that elevates it to “going out” status. Most teens like to be comfortable while looking great. This piece lets you do just that. Don’t wear this top for working out or helping your parents around the house. Save this one for date nights, movies with friends, parties, or dinner out.
Have a look at some of our stylish and inexpensive picks:
- This black sweatshirt goes from casual to cool with a pretty, embroidered floral detail. Pair it with a pleated midi-length skirt and ankle boots… Only $20 at Forever 21.
- Old Navy is selling this vintage fleece top with screened flowers for a bargain. We like this shade of gray with any type of denim. Try with white jeans for a fresh spring look!
- Forever 21 wins again with another version of the embroidered sweatshirt. The sleeve detail is unique unexpected, and ready for your stylish events. Have a denim mini or black skater skirt? $23
- Velvet is everywhere this winter, even on sweatshirts. H&M is on top of this, of course! Add a big statement necklace to this midnight blue crushed velvet op (so soft) and you’re ready to roll…$25
- We can’t resist a ruffle. Pair this white Victorian inspired Nordstrom piece with black skinny pants or any color denim. Bonus: it’s on sale for $33 right now.
- Forever 21 got it right. We fell hard for this amazing ivory top (also in army green) with the coolest back zipper. Keep the rest of your outfit simple when you’re rocking a piece with such a bold detail. Try skinny black cropped pants, boyfriends jeans, or dark skinny jeans. Get it now for only $18.
If you already have a simple, casual sweatshirt, you can transform in into a fab style piece by wearing it with a chunky jeweled necklace, wearing it under a cropped jacket or blazer, or wearing with a mini, tights and boots. Have fun playing in your closet and try something new today.