Big Name Perfume Brands too Expensive? Try This…
Kate and I love to wander into Sephora and try on perfume. If you’ve done this at any time you’ve probably noticed how expensive luxury, brand name perfumes can be. We encourage tweens and teens to begin finding one or two scents they love at this age, even if you only spritz on a couple of sprays for special occasions. But with prices starting at $50.00 and only going up from there, most high quality perfumes might seem out of reach.
But, not really!
When we were searching for Kate’s first quality perfume, she fell in love with Hanae by Hanae Mori. This scent is a fresh, light floral mixed with vanilla, and it’s perfect for someone her age. But I wasn’t going to spend $80.00 on a full sized bottle. Luckily, Hanae comes in a rollerball size option for $25.00. P for purchase!
Then, we noticed how many other perfume brands offer rollerball options for their signature scents.
There are many choices, and this is only a small sampling of what you can find. Most rollerball scents we’ve found start at about $8.00 and go up to $30.00 for luxury brands. What’s cool about rollerball bottles besides the price?
- Small bottles are easy to throw into your purse and travel well
- If you try a scent for awhile then get tired of it, you haven’t spent a ton of money
- You can collect a few of your favorite perfumes
- The rollerball prevents perfume from leaking into your bag or suitcase (a big headache)
- The rollerball is easy to apply directly to your skin and doesn’t waste product
Where to find? Sephora has a good selection, as do most department stores. Natural versions are sold at Whole Foods, Jimbo’s, and other specialty health food stores.