Lately we’re loving…Tarte Blush!
We’ve tried a lot of blushes. A lot, a lot. And we’d love to tell you about our favorite one yet, by Tarte Cosmetics. We came across the Amazonian Clay blush while searching for Kate’s first blush. She started using it and I loved that it was the perfect mix of peach and pink that I was having trouble finding in other brands. What did I do? I ran out to purchase my own.
Why is this blush our favorite?
- Huge range of shades to choose from, including half tones that fall in between popular shades.
- This blush lasts all day. Really. We rarely have to re-apply. The color is buildable but it doesn’t require a ton of product to show up (one of our blush pet-peeves.)
- The packaging is lovely and the compact comes with a mirror. The product is generously sized, too.
- What is doesn’t have: parabens, mineral oil, phthalates, sodium lauryl sulfate, triclosan, synthetic fragrances and gluten.
- What it does have: superfruit and plant extracts, vitamins, minerals, essential oils and other naturally-derived ingredients.
We think everyone can find their perfect shade with all of these choices:
Kate and I love the Fearless shade the best. As I said, on our light-medium complexion, it gives us that natural peachy-pink glow without iridescent shimmer or glitter.
This Tarte product retails for $28. This is not cheap and these products do cost more than drugstore brands. We think this one is worth the splurge for the large amount of product, the clean formula, and the staying power. Visit the Tarte website here to read about their philosophy and see more beautiful makeup. Tarte is also available at Sephora. Visit to try on shades and find the one that works for you.