Lately we’re loving…Jeweled Bobby Pins
Sometimes we love big, bold, layered accessories and sometimes we…don’t. Here’s a fresh look to try. After you get dressed for going out with friends or for a special party, leave off bracelet stacks, chunky necklaces or large earrings. Instead, style your hair and accent your outfit with a few jeweled bobby pins. That’s it. Maybe a watch and a thin ring. Otherwise, let a few pretty bobby pins steal the show.
Simplicity is beautiful!
We’ve noticed embellished hair pins popping up in many shops. Here are a few of our favorites.
The styles shown here range from $5.00 to $40.00. Choose pins that reflect things you love or your own personal style. Pick silver or gold, to even mix metals.
How to use?
Besides a simple side braid like Kate did, you can:
- Style your hair in a loose bun and add a few pins to one side
- Wear a tight ponytail and accent one side of your head with pins
- Try a big crown of boho style braids and arrange pins into the finished style (gorgeous)
- Instead of a little braid, twist two pieces of hair on one or both sides (to meet) and secure with the pins
- Wear your hair down and place the pins into one side, parallel, showing off the sticks, not just the jewels
- Put your hair into a French braid and add 3-5 pins randomly down the length of the braid.
These are just a few ideas. Check Pinterest or store websites for even more styles. Any of you already using these pretty pins in your hair? What are your favorite ways to use them? Let us know!