Do finals have you like:
Yup, it’s that time again: finals are coming up. If you’re in high school, or even junior high, exam week can be extremely stressful and scary. The Cherry Blossom Crew would like to wish all of our readers the best of luck on their finals.
Here are a few tips to help make your finals week go more smoothly:
- Front-load – Study early and often. Don’t wait until the night before each exam to cram, cram, cram. Most brains do better with shorter, more frequent study sessions.
- Tap into the Creative – Study at the beach or another peaceful place. Listen to classical music while trying to memorize facts.
- Tag-Team – Face-time or host study groups with friends who know their stuff. Help each other.
- Rest – Finals week isn’t the best week to plan late night, mid-week movies or hang outs with friends. Make it a goal to get to bed before 10pm every night. Sleep feeds the brain.
- Move – Exercise is a fabulous stress reliever and can help your mind to focus. Take study breaks to get outside and run, shoot hoops, or even walk your dog.
- Eat Right – limit sugar and caffeine. Take time to eat the best meals you can and make sure you’re nourishing your brain and body with plenty of protein.
And after you turn in your last exam….
Readers, what tips do you use to manage finals week? What works best for you?
Good luck, everyone!