Ice Cream Bar + Movie Night Party!
If you haven’t already noticed, throwing a birthday party can be really expensive. There’s food and entertainment, party supplies, favors…sometimes even a special venue or limo rental. Add everything up and you (or your parents) can end up with a major headache (or wallet ache)!
No matter how old we get, birthdays are still fun and special and friends will still want to celebrate with you. At the Chronicles, we’ve come up with a few exciting and creative party ideas that don’t break the bank. Up first? Ice cream sundae bar and movies.
What you’ll need:
- Ice cream. We suggest keeping it simple and just buying chocolate and vanilla.
- Toppings galore. Choose your favorites from whipped cream, chocolate and/or caramel sauce, sprinkles, candies like Red Hots or gummy bears, chopped nuts, chocolate or white chocolate chips, and bananas.
- Paper napkins, spoons, and bowls. The special striped ice cream cups and wooden spoons shown above are available at Target!
- Serving bowls for your toppings.
- A couple of movies you know your friends will love.
Invite people over after the dinner hour, maybe around 7pm. Or, you could host your party at 1pm or 2pm and have it end before dinner. That way, your guests can eat lunch or dinner at home and you don’t have to provide a full meal. In advance, clear off your table or a kitchen counter and arrange your toppings self-serve style. You can always decorate with balloons or other themed party ware.
If you want, have everyone come in PJs! The party doesn’t have to be a sleep-over, but that works, too.
Hang out and have your friends build their sundae creations. Eat your ice cream sundaes while watching a movie or two.
Wait…no cake? Isn’t it an unwritten rule that birthday parties must have cake? Nope. Not at all. If you want to add something cake-like to your sundae bar, you can always provide cut up brownies. Your party can be unique and different, why not? And birthday parties really don’t need cake. They do need your best friends and family members! So, go ahead and add a candle or two to your sundae creation and make a wish!