Is it time to redecorate your bedroom or change out your bedding? Today, we’re talking about one of our favorite new bed trends: all white bedding, accented with bright, colorful pillows.
This shot gives you an idea of a completed bed, but we love this trend even more with a big pile of mixed, colorful pillows. This look is fun and whimsical and it won’t go out of style. Perfect for teens who want a sophisticated and stylish room. A couple of other finished beds:
You may be thinking…white? Won’t it look dirty and dingy after awhile and isn’t it a pain? Well, not as much as you think. We’ll give you some tips to enjoy this fresh look while keep everything looking clean and sharp.
First, how to begin building your white-bright look.
- Choose a simple white duvet, comforter, or coverlet.
- Add colorful shams and throw pillows.
- Choose a few of your favorite complementary colors and vary the sizes.
- You can mix tie-dye, florals, and stripes. Add in fur, or pillows with sayings.
Now, how to keep your white bedding looking its best?
- If you have a dog who loves to jump up onto your bed, try draping a throw blanket at the end. Pick something colorful that works with the pillows you’ve chosen.
- Wash your linens often, but don’t bleach them. Chlorine bleach can weaken the fibers and your bedding won’t last as long.
- OxiClean Versatile will keep your bright white linens from turning dingy and yellow.
- Choose a duvet or coverlet that doesn’t need to be dry cleaned. A duvet can be removed easily.
If you need a new headboard to complement your new, fabulous bedding try Furniture.com for on-trend looks and great pricing.