I write young adult novels about quirky characters learning to navigate life and love. I can be found drooling over leather jackets, haunting my favorite coffee shops, and wishing I was in London or Paris.
I’m a former teacher who loves words––how they sound, the shapes and colors of them, and most of all, combining them into stories that will hopefully make you laugh a lot, and maybe cry a little.
I’m a Cuban-American Californian and treasure my husband, two superstar children, and loyal dog.
My writing is repped by Natascha Morris at BookEnds Literary and my debut, THE LIBRARY OF LOST THINGS is coming 10/08/19 from Inkyard Press/HarperCollins.
Random stuff about me:
- Cats or dogs? Dogs. We have a Miniature Schnauzer named Rocco who owns much of my heart
- Food addictions: Grilled cheese and tomato soup, avocado toast, cake, ramen
- Places I can’t wait to visit: Greece, Bali, Ireland, Thailand, Switzerland, Australia
- Instruments I can play: Piano, synth, other instruments with keys (except the accordion and probably a pipe organ)
- Favorite amusement park: Disneyworld in Orlando, Florida
- If I could live anywhere in the world: London
- A few favorite YA authors: Nicola Yoon, Julie Buxbaum, Rachel Lynn Soloman, Amber Smith, Mary Pearson, Kit Frick, Stephanie Garber, Mindy McGinnis and all my Inkyard authors (love)
- How I deal with tough times: Faith, family, and friends
- I’m not good at: Running/jogging, gardening, not freaking out on roller coasters
- Favorite classics: Jane Eyre, Pride and Prejudice, The Count of Monte Cristo