I write young adult novels about quirky characters learning to navigate life and love. I can be found drooling over leather jackets, haunting my favorite coffee shops, and wishing I was in London or Paris.
I’m a former teacher who loves words––how they sound, the shapes and colors of them, and most of all, combining them into stories that will hopefully make you laugh a lot, and maybe cry a little.
I treasure my husband, two superstar children, loyal dog, and my little slice of California.
My writing is repped by Natascha Morris at BookEnds Literary.
Random stuff about me:
- Cats or dogs? Dogs. We have a Miniature Schnauzer named Rocco who owns much of my heart
- Food addictions: Grilled cheese and tomato soup, avocado toast, cake
- Music I’m listening to right now: Meg Mac, P!nk, Alessia Cara, Imagine Dragons, Tori Kelly, Ed Sheeran
- Places I can’t wait to visit: Italy, Greece, Japan, Ireland, Thailand
- Instruments I can play: Piano, synth, other instruments with keys (except the accordion and probably a pipe organ)
- Favorite amusement park: Disneyworld in Orlando, Florida
- If I could live anywhere in the world: London
- A few favorite YA authors: Rainbow Rowel, Gayle Forman, Nicola Yoon, John Green
- How I deal with tough times: Faith, family, and friends
- I’m not good at: Running/jogging, gardening, not freaking out on roller coasters
- Favorite classics: Jane Eyre, Pride and Prejudice, To Kill a Mockingbird
- My nickname, given to me by my children: MOTY. Mother of the Year (usually said when I’m being silly or forgetful)