Writer of young adult fiction. Books, coffee, and rainy days. Lover of faraway places, (especially London and Paris) and the perfect leather jacket.
I’m a former teacher who loves words––how they sound, the shapes and colors of them, and most of all, combining them into stories that will hopefully make you laugh a lot, maybe cry a little, and think a bit about life and love.
My loves? Besides leather jackets, I treasure my husband, two superstar children, dear friends, and my little slice of California.
Random stuff about me:
- Cats or dogs? Dogs. We have a Miniature Schnauzer named Rocco who owns much of my heart
- Food addictions: Grilled cheese and tomato soup, avocado toast, cake
- Music I’m listening to right now: Meg Mac, P!nk, Alessia Cara, Imagine Dragons, Tori Kelly, Ed Sheeran
- Places I can’t wait to visit: Italy, Greece, Japan, Ireland, Thailand
- Instruments I can play: Piano, synth, other instruments with keys (except the accordion and probably a pipe organ)
- Favorite amusement park: Disneyworld in Orlando, Florida
- If I could live anywhere in the world: London
- A few favorite YA authors: Rainbow Rowel, Gayle Forman, Nicola Yoon, John Green
- How I deal with tough times: Faith, family, and friends
- I’m not good at: Running/jogging, gardening, not freaking out on roller coasters
- Favorite classics: Jane Eyre, Pride and Prejudice, To Kill a Mockingbird
- My nickname, given to me by my children: MOTY. Mother of the Year (usually said when I’m being silly or forgetful)